2012 ASCA Conference
Information & Registration Forms
The Australian Strength and Conditioning Association (ASCA) invites you to attend the 2012 International Conference and Trade Show – ‘The ASCA International Conference on Applied Strength and Conditioning’ to be held at the Outrigger Hotel Surfers Paradise November 9th - 11th 2012. This year’s conference will once again feature guest speakers who are working at the cutting edge of research and training for improving athletic performance and will include hands-on practical workshops.
The conference program will commence with a Keynote Presentation PM Friday the 9th of November and conclude PM Sunday the 11th of November. In addition to the general conference program the ASCA will once again host a pre-conference workshop (please note additional fees are payable to attend these workshops). The Workshop will be an interactive workshop presented by Kelvin Giles.
The ASCA is, as always, putting together an exciting list of presenters, both from Australia and overseas, with topics designed to provide forward-thinking information to strength and conditioning coaches and professionals. Below is a list of confirmed presenters for your information and their topics will be available on the ASCA website soon.
- Kelvin Giles
- Martin Buchhiet
- Matt Jordan
- Duncan French - UKSCA
- NSCA - TBC
- Dan Baker
- Julian Jones
- Jay Dawes
- Sophia Nimphius
- Kelly Beahan-Smith
- Andrew Croll
- John Mitchell
- David Boyle
- Chris Spinks
- Michael Davie
- Scott Baker
- Jamie Youngson
- Andrew Verdon
Round Table Sessions
- Energy System Conditioning
- Strength and Power
We urge that you secure your place ASAP as places are limited
Conference Registration Includes
- Attendance to all conference sessions (excluding the pre-conference workshops)
- Registration materials (folders, conference proceedings, program. etc)
- Entry to trade area
- Refreshment breaks and lunch on Saturday and Sunday
- Welcome Cocktails on Friday 9th of November
- Conference Gala Dinner on Saturday 10th November
Conference registration does not include accommodation or travel costs. These are your responsibility. The ASCA has negotiated discounted accommodation prices for conference delegates. Details of these rates are contained within this brochure.
Attendance to all functions is included for delegates in their package; extra tickets are available for purchase for both the Friday Welcome Cocktail Party and the Saturday Conference Gala Dinner if you wish to bring a guest. Please indicate on your registration form if you require any extra tickets for either of these functions.
Included in this Information is:
- ASCA ‘International Conference on Applied Strength and Conditioning’ registration form
- Pre-Conference Workshop Information
- ASCA Pre-conference Workshop Registration form
- Conference Shirt Order Form
- Pre-conference DVD Order Options
- ASCA compulsory practical waiver form
- Outrigger accommodation booking form
Pre-Conference Workshop Information
The ASCA will host a pre-conference workshop. This workshop is not included in the general conference prices and will be charged in addition.
An interactive workshop presented be renowned Strength and Conditioning Specialist Kelvin Giles.
ASCA Cancellation & Refund Policies
Workshop Cancellation & Refund Policy
- Cancellation of registration for the pre-conference workshop made up until the 1st of October are refunded minus a $20.00 administration fee.
- Cancellations of registration for the pre-conference workshop made between the 2nd of October and the 14th of October are refunded minus a $30.00 administration fee.
- All Cancellations of registration for the pre-conference workshop made after the 14th of October, or no notification, norefund will be made.
Conference Cancellation & Refund Policy
- Cancellation of conference registration made up to the 1st of October are refunded minus a $100 administration fee.
- Cancellations of conference registration made between the 2nd & 14th of October are refunded minus a $150 administration fee.
- For cancellations of conference registrations after 14th of October, or no notification, no refund will be made.
Please note that all payments to the ASCA are to be made in Australian Dollars.
All credit card payments incur a 2.5% processing fee.
The ASCA does not accept AMEX or Diners.