- Category: Courses
- Published Date
- Written by SMG
- Hits: 19750
The Level 2 Strength and Conditioning Coaching Course is an advanced coaching course that provides participants with the knowledge and skill to plan, conduct and design strength and conditioning programs to physically prepare advanced level athletes to improve sports performance across a wide range of sports.
Pre-Requisites for Level 2:
- Must hold a current Level 1 ASCA Strength and Conditioning Coach Accreditation, AND
- Must be actively coaching within the Strength and Conditioning field.
- Completed a minimum of 2 years of a sports science or human movements degree, AND
- Have competencies in regards to the Level 1 Lifts signed off by an ASCA Accredited Strength and Conditioning Coach who holds a minimum of Level 2 Accreditation.
Course content includes:
- Utilising coaching skills & new technologies to enhance sports performance
- Appropriateness of training for Long Term Athlete Development
- Indentifying the stages of periodisation & using them to improve physical capabilities of athletes
- Designing, teaching & assessing strength and conditioning training programs that maximize athlete performance
- Teaching and assessing proper & safe techniques using free weight training equipment
- Selecting & using a battery of tests, interpreting results and planning training for different sports and athlete levels.
- Principles of injury prevention, rehabilitation & management
- Nutrition guidelines to enhance performance in sport
- Conducting sport specific recovery sessions to assist in returning physiological markers to normal levels & restoration of psychological traits
- The effects on athletes of commonly used drugs
- Limiting potential liability as a Strength and Conditioning Coach
- Physical characteristics and training guideline for special populations
This course is suitable for graduates from Level 1, intermediate strength & conditioning coaches, post graduates from sports science and related courses, prospective semi professional and professional strength and conditioning specialists at Senior Levels.
Course Assessment Requirements:
- Attend all unitsof the course
- Complete a Pre-Course Online Quiz
- Successfully complete the Level 2 Workbook provided
- Complete the ASADA's Pure Performance Onlne E Learning Modules
- Sign and return the ASCA Coaches Code of Behaviour Form
- Write an Article that is accepted for publication in the Journal of Australian Strength and Conditioning
- Complete 60 hours of practical coaching (20 hours direct involvement – observation of or supervision by an ASCA
- Accredited Coach of a minimum Level 2 or above, and 40 hours practical coaching in the field of strength and conditioning unsupervised).
Practical Activity: During the course there will be practical sessions that require active participation. However all active, physical participation is optional and you will not be disadvantaged by not actively participating in any of the exercises. Please ensure your presenter/instructor of your situation and ensure that this is noted on your “Pre Course Questionnaire” that will be sent to you on registration.
Early Bird Registration (closes 4 weeks prior to advertised course date) $750.00 inc. GST
Standard Registration (within 4 weeks prior to advertised course date) $850.00 inc. GST
Refund and Cancellations
The ASCA Refund policy is limited to the following circumstances and timeframes only:
Notification of withdrawal in writing 4 weeks prior to course date: REFUND LESS 20% ADMIN FEE
Notification of withdrawal in writing less than 4 weeks prior to course date: NO REFUND
Note: Refunds will not be given for partial attendance nor will make up lessons be provided. If, for any reason, you do not attend the full 4 days then you will be required to transfer to the next available course and pay the appropriate transfer fee.
Request to transfer to another course less than 4 weeks prior to the course or no attendance at the course you are registered for will incur a $200 transfer fee.
How to Register:
By Fax or Mail: Download Registration form from the ASCA Website and post to PO Box 3586, Helensvale Town Center, 4212 or fax to the National Office on (07) 56657358.
Additional Information: All participants must complete and return the Level 2 Application Form & provide supporting evidence that they have met the ASCA prerequisites as outlined in the Application Form Below. Registration will not be confirmed until evidence of all pre-requisites have been met.