Lower body strength training is the cornerstone of every athlete’s gymnasium training programs. The ability to develop lower body strength is important for both the durability (injury prevention) and athletic enhancement (power and speed) of an athlete.
Therefore correct technique of these lifts is crucial for their long-term athletic development. And irrespective of the athletes’ age (both training and chronological), they all bring their own individual challenges in respect to teaching them safe and correct technique.
This course will be based around the basic lifts of the squat, deadlift and single leg exercises.
More specifically you will learn:
- Simple warm-up routines to get your athletes ready to train and gain range of movement at the same time.
- The 5 essential points in the set-up of the squat and deadlift.
- Important exercises to aid in the development of the squat technique – and not a barbell in sight.
- Exercise variations and how to use them to specific to the needs of your athlete.
- Single leg strength exercises – use body weight, dumbbells, barbells, bands and chains to challenge to the athlete.
- A few key hamstring and gluteal exercises to aid in the development of lower body strength and assist with injury prevention.
Whether you are interested in learning the fundamentals of lower body strength development or wish to brush up on the finer technical points this practically-based course will give you the information to assist you with your strength coaching.
MEMBERS PLEASE NOTE - To receive members prices you must be LOGGED IN. If you are unsure of your username and password please contact
Post - PO Box 3586, Helensvale Town Centre, QLD, 4212
fax - 56657358